New Reaper Job, Male Viera Race, New Oceanian Data Center and Collector’s Edition Details Revealed Alongside Full Cinematic Trailer
LONDON (15th May, 2021) – SQUARE ENIX® announced today that Endwalker™, the fourth expansion for its critically acclaimed MMO, FINAL FANTASY XIV Online, will launch on 23rd November, 2021 and is now available for pre-order. Producer & Director Naoki Yoshida revealed the release date, alongside new information about upcoming content in the expansion, during the opening keynote address at the Digital Fan Festival 2021.
The full cinematic Endwalker trailer also debuted during the digital event, which includes a new theme song composed by Masayoshi Soken with vocals by Sam Carter from the chart-topping band Architects.
The trailer is available here: https://youtu.be/I4uwkvxsUac
The second job that will be introduced with Endwalker is the ‘reaper’—a scythe-wielding melee DPS job who summon avatars while fighting in close-quarter combat. A first look at the reaper in action can be seen here: https://youtu.be/pfqi_ow02rE
Additionally, male Viera will be added as a new playable race, joining the existing female Viera. The male Viera reveal trailer is available here: https://youtu.be/6NxPJ_BPSwU
The Newly Announced Reaper Job and Male Viera Playable Race
An outline of all Endwalker content reveals from the keynote address can be found below:
New Job: Reaper
- New Playable Race: Male Viera
- New City: Old Sharlayan – a trailer can be viewed here: https://youtu.be/AldjvPkfSQs
- Travel to Expansive New Areas: Labyrinthos and Mare Lamentorum – trailers can be viewed here: https://youtu.be/umBoW_nTLUc and here: https://youtu.be/unu9dXOtWgQ
- New Tribes to Encounter: Loporrits
- New Threats to Overcome: The Magus Sisters
- New Alliance Raid Series: “Myths of the Realm”
- A New Data Center: Oceania
Additional trailers revealed during the Digital Fan Festival 2021 include:
- New Area “Thavnair” – https://youtu.be/r0b5H4lDSC8
- New Town “Radz-at-Han” – https://youtu.be/2bUgi2pcmHg
- Dungeon Crawl – https://youtu.be/jx3LDBMxCqM
Explore Many New Towns and Areas, Including Old Sharlayan and Thavnair
A comprehensive list of content announced for Endwalker, including information from the FINAL FANTASY XIV Announcement Showcase held in February, is available here: https://sqex.to/xiZAF
The FINAL FANTASY XIV: Endwalker Collector’s Edition
Finally, SQUARE ENIX revealed details of the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Endwalker Collector’s Edition, which will be available for pre-order on the SQUARE ENIX Store from 12pm BST on Saturday 15th May: https://sqex.to/AO7kw
The FINAL FANTASY XIV: Endwalker Collector’s Edition is a bundle containing a copy of the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Endwalker Digital Collector’s Edition for Windows® and Mac, and the physical Collector’s Box.
For PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, and Steam players, the Collector’s Box will be available to order as a standalone product. The Endwalker Collector’s Box includes the physical goods listed below—the box does not include a copy of Endwalker, in-game bonus items, or pre-order bonuses:
- Endwalker Special Art Box – A unique glossy white-inlaid box that features an illustration of Hydaelyn and Zodiark by artist Yoshitaka Amano.
- Expertly Crafted Paladin Figure – An impressive high-quality figure that showcases the Warrior of Light as a paladin using Passage of Arms to shield allies from harm. Including the base, the figure measures approximately W 6.10″ x D 8.46″ x H 7.28″ (W 15.5cm x D 21.5cm x H 18.5cm).
- Art Collection & Frame Set – A collection of ten B5-sized (approx. 7.2″ x 10.1″ / 18.2cm x 25.7cm) art prints featuring key visuals from throughout the history of FINAL FANTASY XIV, from version 1.0 through Endwalker. The set also includes a frame so you can showcase your favorite image.
- Azem Pin – A pin created to mimic the appearance of Azem’s crystal. Designed to fit in the palm of your hand at approximately 1″ x 1.2″ (2.5cm x 3.0cm).
- Loporrit Mini Plush – A mini plush version of a Loporrit. The plush is approximately 6.5″ tall (16.5cm).
Additionally, the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Endwalker Digital Collector’s Edition is now available for pre-order from participating retailers, and includes the following in-game bonus items:
- In-game Item: Arion Mount – A new mount designed to complement paladin, the signature job of Endwalker. A trailer for the mount can be viewed here: https://youtu.be/r2wCRUGi2Ec
- In–game Item: Wind-up Porom Minion – Porom, one of the young twins who joins your party in FINAL FANTASY IV, arrives as a minion you can share new adventures with.
- In-game Item: Death Scythe: Reaper Weapon – The Death Scythe from FINAL FANTASY XI makes its appearance in FINAL FANTASY XIV as a reaper-exclusive weapon.
The Arion Mount and Death Scythe Digital Collector’s Edition In-Game Items
Players who pre-order FINAL FANTASY XIV: Endwalker from participating retailers will be eligible to receive the following pre-order bonuses:
- Early Access – Early access is tentatively scheduled to begin on Friday, 19th November, 2021 at 9am (GMT) and will allow users the ability to play Endwalker before the official release.
- In-game Item: Menphina Earring – A gorgeous earring with a design that draws inspiration from the moon. This useful earring features attributes that will vary according to the user’s class/job and current level when equipped and grants a 30% increase in EXP up to level 80 when worn.
- In-game Item: Wind-up Palom Minion – Palom, one of the young twins who joins your party in FINAL FANTASY IV, arrives as a minion you can share new adventures with.
Pre-order bonus codes will be delivered upon pre-ordering Endwalker and can be redeemed immediately. Thanks to the in-game items being delivered ahead of launch, anyone pre-ordering Endwalker will be able to use their Menphina Earring to catch-up to level 80 before the expansion releases on 23rd November.
For more information on FINAL FANTASY XIV: Endwalker, including press assets, please visit: https://press.uk.square-enix.com/FINAL-FANTASY-XIV-Endwalker
With over 22 million total registered players and a new expansion on the way, there has never been a better time for newcomers to begin their adventures in the critically acclaimed FINAL FANTASY XIV Online saga. The recently expanded Free Trial now includes all content from A Realm Reborn and the Heavensward™ expansion (and updates through Patch 3.56), as well as an additional playable race (Au Ra), and three additional playable jobs (Dark Knight, Astrologian, and Machinist). Free Trial players can enjoy hundreds of hours of award-winning gameplay and story experiences equivalent to two full FINAL FANTASY titles, without limit on playtime.